Συνέντευξη εφ όλης της ύλης από τη σελίδα PSPUAE.

Anemos

RetroActive
Αντιδράσεις
Συνέντευξη εφ όλης της ύλης από τη σελίδα PSPUAE.

το μέλλον αυτού του καταπληκτικού emulator.

(Q) Hi FOL, you are the Admin of PSPUAE homepage?

(A) Hi Anemos,

Yes i am (1 of 4 Admins)

----------------------------

(Q) We would like you to tell us abit about the history behind starting the PSPUAE homepage.

A) Well, I first come across PSPUAE just after buying my PSP. I never heard of HomeBrew (or never really bothered with it much) until I updated my 1.52 UK PSP to 2.00.

I then had to wait for a downgrader so I could try PSPUAE out.

Once that happened, was able to try alot of Emulators and although PSPUAE was quite slow and didnt have many options, I though it was great.

The problem was, PSPUAE's development had stopped at 0.41.

I accepted this and didnt think anymore of it, until I was searching for something and came across a post over at dcemuUK.

Someone had picked up developing it, so I done some more searching and found posts all over the place.

I then thought, why dont I setup a site for development and support of PSPUAE (this way all bugs, feedback etc etc. could be easly reported without searching the net).

I contacted horace who was in touch with the new coder (Ric) and here we are almost a year later, Wink.

----------------------------

(Q) Does enough support exist from users of your homepage, and generally speaking from registered users?

(A) Yes, I believe support does exist from users (even if they do not wish to register).

The Registered users are growing all the time, and they try to help as much as possable (well the more experienced users).

I would like to do more to get everyone involved, but those idea's are still a work in progress.

---------------------------

(Q) Can you see the PSPUAE homepage continuing for years to come?

(A) Yes, ill always be here to help and mess with the PSPUAE code.

Im sure someone else will continue where we left off if it ever came to the point of shutting down the PSPUAE homepage.

As I have said before "im in it for the long haul", as im sure are the other dev's and site staff.

(Q) We would like to know more about the PSPUAE emulator, from the beginning to present day and planned development.

(A) Well, E-UAE (which is based on UAE) was first ported to the PSP by Christophe Thibault. PSPUAE was born.

After a couple of updates and then some additions by MIB.42 (namely the On Screen Keyboard) we were blessed with 0.41. At this point PSPUAE seemed to die.

Until almost a year later when Ric picked up the development of PSPUAE we were given 0.4.1.1, which gave support to PSP's running V2.+ firmware.

After 2 updates PSPUAE Version 0.51b was released, at this point the dev / support site was setup.

Almost every month an update came and the dev team grew, we now have 5 Dev's working on PSPUAE to make it the best it can be.

With 0.54 came an updated E-UAE, which gave us better speed and more compatability.

Now we are up to the sucessful 0.62 CE release, which was the most downloaded at the homepage to date. We are now working on the 0.63 Release, which is looking promising on the speed front.

For the future, we are looking at updating the source to the new E-UAE source, adding HD support (basically keep updaing with new features, fixes) .

Ric and Thinkp are also working with the 2nd PSP CPU (Media Engine), While the rest of us mess around with the current source.

(Q) How many coders are on the PSPUAE team? and what are there occupations?

Well, I know little of their occupations. Everytime we chat, its always about the emulator and I think things like this get put to one side.

Im an Electronics Engineer, and I learn things as I go along. I have learnt alot from the talented dev's of PSPUAE.

The Team at present consists of :-

Ric (He made the updates happen that saved PSPUAE)

MrModem (Added some nice changes, that helped alot)

Thinkp (Added a massive amount of changes along with Ric for the 0.62 CE release, and continues to work along with Ric on ways to get a faster PSPUAE)

GnosTiC
(Joined us after meeting him over at GP2X forums, he also ported E-UAE to GP2X, which is looking promising. His PSPUAE optimisations help us gain speed all the time)

cmf (Joined us recently, he knows his memory stuff. Completely reworked the PSPUAE memory to run better with the PSP)

FOL (I wouldnt say im a coder at all, just learning from these guys. I have learnt alot about C, still struggling with the PSP side of things, but its all part of learning.

The biggest thing I have done yet was the menu layout, thanks to thinkp for correcting my errors, :)

I cant leave out the site staff and testers, as they have been great and supportive of everything that goes on over at pspuae.com. So thanks to you all, im just happy to be part of a friendly community.

(Q) As you know we are waiting for the new release of PSPUAE, after its release will you continue with the same passion to upgrade this great emulator?

(A) Yes, im sure we will.

All the dev's working on PSPUAE have showed passion time and time again with every update,

we are always trying to gain more speed as well as adding new features (namely Auto zoom, Mouse savestates).

--------------------------

I wish the PSPUAE team the best of luck with their future updates

Thankyou for your time,

Anemos

αφιερωμένο στο φίλο τον rigardie

και σε όλο το αγαπητό forum εδώ.

η συνέτευξη έχει εκδοθεί μονο στο forum μου και εδώ

Ωραίος!! μάλλον σε βλέπω στον gamesradio.gr (και φυσικά στα νέα αεροδιαστημικά-τουλάχιστον έτσι πρέπει να τα λέμε- studios που ετοιμάζει ο σύντροφος Μάνος)

rigardie μπορείς να την χρησιμοποιήσεις στο σταθμό σου όπως το είχαμε συμφωνήσει ,βάλτη σήμερα που είναι και φρέσκια.. (2 τα μεσάνυχτα την τελειώσαμε χτες?)..

εγώ δε θα τη ποστάρω πουθενά αλλου όπως είπα.ίσως στη σελίδα της ίδιας PSPUAE το βραδυ πια..και δεν είναι και σίγουρο..

οκ απλά επιδεί τρέχω θα την βάλω το βραδάκι!

thanks man

ok

όταν τελειώσεις δώσε το link να δω και εγώ..

πάντως τρελή δουλειά το site σας.. καλά κουράγια.

εγώ από hobby και μονο το παλεύω, έχω να κάνω χιλιάδες πράγματα + την οικογένεια.

όμως αν θέλεις βοήθεια σε κάτι που μπορώ να σε βοηθήσω θα το κάνω.

ευχαριστώ και εγώ.

sintrofe aurio exo repo tha to balo sto site tha sou stilo kai ena akoma pvt

Είναι ένα πολύ καλό project. Αλήθεια, ποιός amigas περίμενε οτι στο μέλλον θα είχε την δυνατότητα να "κουβαλάει" την amiga του μαζί με όλα τα αγαπημένα του παιχνίδια ?....

Πίσω
Μπλουζα