Commodore Plus/4 freezing graphic experiments...

franco

RetroActive
Αντιδράσεις
Dear friends,

Almost as a case, I have discovered a very funny thing that regards the Commodore Plus/4 graphic area... let' s see what it is...

I have tried to run the "Threeve" demo coded by Bauknecht, and then I have done a soft reset to the emulator and started the multicolor hi-res area without clearing the TED's video cache... I expected the pattern to appear, but there was a really unpredictable and amazing result... Let' s see what it is...

This is the first screen, while I was loading the demo, of course...

[edit] Dead pic [edit]

As the demo was loaded, let's do a fast forward of the emulator and let' s come to the end of the demo... here is the screen...

[edit] Dead pic [edit]

Now, let's do a soft reset of the Plus/4 emulator, and let' s introduce the command that switch the video memory in multi color hi-res area...

[edit] Dead pic [edit]

And what does it happen ???? See it... This is the classical pattern of the multi color hi-res area mode (when the command "GRAPHIC 4,0" is introduced...)

[edit] Dead pic [edit]

But, after a soft reset of the emulator, here is the result... woaaa, I don't believe to my eyes !!!! :p :) :)

[edit] Dead pic [edit]

And the same happens if we switch the video memory in normal hi-res mode... Let's take a look inside...

This is the "garbage" reverse bars pattern when the command "GRAPHIC 2,0" was introduced in the Plus/4...

[edit] Dead pic [edit]

But let's see how the pattern disappeared and garbage appears if we insert the GRAPHIC 2,0 command after a soft reset with Threeve loaded...

[edit] Dead pic [edit]

But we haven't finished yet !!!! Let' s start the machine code monitor and let's recall the memory address of the graphic area, $1C00, and let's see what the Plus/4 returns to us... a couple of FF (???) and 00 (BRK) instructions that are set by default and constitute the "heart" of the pattern when the hi-res area mode is blank and not touched...

[edit] Dead pic [edit]

We can also disassemble it...

[edit] Dead pic [edit]

Now, let's try to start the machine code monitor and to call for $1C00 with "Threeve" loaded into the video memory cache and after a soft reset... Hey, how many things have changed !!!! :)

[edit] Dead pic [edit]

[edit] Dead pic [edit]

Hope you have liked it !!!! :)

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από έναν συντονιστή:
OMG! :) Fra I had lost this topic! :) You make me tremble when I see these things! :) I understand better why you love so much the Plus/4! :) You have it in your blood! :) I'm really impressed! :) I knew only load peek and poke on the C64! :p Complimenti tesoro bravoooooooooooooooooooooo! :)

Πίσω
Μπλουζα