Spectipede (One more Commodore Plus/4 game for you...)

franco

RetroActive
Αντιδράσεις
Welcome back !!!!

Now it' s time for another review my friends... this time, the game I would like to propose to you is another gem made for the Commodore 16 and the Plus/4... A nice shoot em up that also helps to relax the nerves (when someone is angry and doesn't know how to make his anger exit, this is the right way... hi !!!!) The game is "Spectipede" and let' s say as always a short video...

How does it work ???? really simply... the player is the little white gun at the bottom of the screen and has to fire continuously against the enemies and to destroy all the mushroom barriers... at the left side of the screen there is a sort of airplane that throws bomb that have to be avoided or destroyed, and there are also some crosses that, if hit, can modify the path of the shoot... A very fast game, that I personally recommend to play if you found, but has a little problem... very very very very little... the Commodore Plus/4 user' s nightmare... here it is... Giuseppe come outside please...

[edit] Dead pic [edit]

(I don't know from what reasons it appeared, probably a bad instruction in the TED machine coding at a certain point of the game... nowadays, I have become a friend of this pattern, I call him Giuseppe... just kidding of course !!!!)

Spectipede was cracked by Edizioni Fermont in the Go Games 23 magazine (I' m not really sure about the publication number) with the title of "Axxon"...

Have a nice time !!!!

Frank

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από έναν συντονιστή:
Ahahaha Fraaaa! :) The pattern with the name Giuseppe! :) Only you can have these ideas! :) But this is another game I wanna play! :) Appears good! :)

I will try to dig up the emulator and the roms / tapes.

Plus 4 was a machine that was never too popular, although it was very powerful!

Tonight is the first night I'm trying to game and program on a Plus/4 emulator! :) But I don't know how much about this computer and I'm limited! :( At least I was able to make Giuseppe appear! :) Graphic 1,0 and return key! :) But I find it a little creepy! :(

Well, I have to be honest Anna, when I was a kid and played with the Plus/4, there were some occasions when I was playing a game (usually, Plus/4 games had no sound) and I was calm, when suddenly the TED crashed and Giuseppe... sorry... the pattern appeared with flashing @ or other symbols, and with a low continuous note sound... I don' t know how many time I jumped from the chair and ran away... but you have also to consider that I connected the Plus/4 to an old Telefunken TV set of 1978 with a very big screen... there was the suggestion of the effect...

Yes! :) In the imagination of a children many funny things seem creepy! :) It happened also to me! :) My father had a Ibm computer! :) When he used the type command to display the content of the files and the computer started with no meaning letters and characters and beeping I was cold for the fear! :)

Πίσω
Μπλουζα