Το X-COM:Alliance Builds 219 &220 are out there(το υπο αναπτυξη Χ-Com FPS 1995-2002

Nemo

RetroMuseum GateKeepeR
Αντιδράσεις
Greetings.Many of you have been waiting for this day. Well in my timezone, it's Christmas, or more precisely, the Boxing Day when you get to open your Christmas gifts.

Here is one from Lord Victor Albert Sebastian Delacroix, the Dark Lord of the Glyphs, Unreal Engine Archivist and Historian.

Ladies and Gentlemen of this noble community... I give you...

X-COM: ALLIANCE

Being in concept since 1995, in development shortly afterwards, X-COM: Alliance was to revolutionize the X-COM franchise by combining the strategic and tactical elements known from the first X-COM/UFO games with the in-your-face gaming scheme of a first person shooter. Developed on the reknowned Unreal Engine, practically simultaneously with Unreal, it was first announced for release in 1999, then 2000 and finally 2002. Sadly, the release never took place, the game met its demise most likely soon after the closure of Microprose UK and, what's worse, its assets were later re-used for the most horrible atrocity known to X-COM fans... Enforcer, the dumbed down, simplistic, straightforward, non-climatic, arcade-ish shooter. The ambitious Alliance was lost.

Or so it seems. Leo(T.C.K.) and myself tracked down one of the Microprose LDs, whose name we are not in the liberty to give you. This gentleman has provided us everything he had on Alliance, including a beta running on the Unreal build 219 codebase, an initial conversion alpha on the Unreal build 220 codebase and plethora of sources, documents and related materials.

Today I'm going to share the most important piece with you: the 219 beta.

It is here, in a 350 MB archive, self extracting, for your enjoyment. Extract to C:\Alliance and run levels through UnrealEd's autoplay function. Otherwise, the menu is not going to leave you alone.

Some system configurations can have problems with the Galaxy soundsystem or the game overall. Whereas we will *attempt* to provide support, I'd like to remind you that in no way we are obliged to do this -- this is in fact, beta software, leaked, to boot.

I am planning to assemble a team to turn this into a fully legal, freely available Unreal / Unreal Tournament total conversion in which I hope I shall succeed. For now, please enjoy the original beta.

Another X-COM build. This has only three maps (unknown at the time whether the ones from previous build will work or not), but is on a more recent Unreal build, 220 as opposed to 219. Consider it an alpha.
Much of the issues with Unreal Engine development is that Epic was, is and will be constantly updating it. Some of these updates are drastic enough to make older resources incompatible, so that they need to be either just reimported, or sometimes recoded or whatever. That's one of the reasons why John Anderson left Unreal dev team (none of his maps survived, save one level for Unreal PSX, probably reused from the alpha and one level in the Unreal95 tech demo).
Tα Builds 219 και 220 του X-COM: Alliance ,ενος X-COM του οποιου η αναπτυξη ξεκινησε το 1995 περασε διαφορες φασεις και μπορες -ωσπου τελικα ακυρωθηκε το 2002 , ,εδω και λιγο καιρο (~10 μερες ) ειναι αναμεσα μας ......

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από έναν συντονιστή:
πρεπει να κανεις κλικ στο :cool:Thanks:cool: ....

Πίσω
Μπλουζα