Game review: Formula 1 Simulator (Commodore 16 and Plus/4)

franco

RetroActive
Αντιδράσεις
Dear friends,

another review for you for today, luckily I have some time and I can dedicate myself to the memories of my personal childhood... the "drawer of the memories"... This time, I would like to introduce to you the very very very very very very first game I have played on a computer when I was a kid... it was 1986, and my first cassette for the Commodore Plus/4 was a hacked cassette made by the computer store "Computer' s Arts" of the city of Bari that contained six games... the first was this "Formula 1 Simulator" cracked in Italian with the name of "Pilota" ("Pilot") I remember this game very well that I can also say that the time of the counter on the datassette was from 000 to 128... hi !!!!

Anyway, let' s take a look inside the game with the precious help of Fonsisweb and of his youtube video channel...

As you can see, is a very simple and essential game, with no enrichments... the player represents the car in the center of the path and has to complete at least eight laps to win... Seems like an easy game, but it' s kinda nervy testing... in fact, other cars appears suddenly and the player has to be careful to avoid them in order not to make his car explode (the same happens if the car hits the poles at the limits of the road...) It' s a game that achieves fast reflexes from the player, because the only way to avoid collisions (and not to loose time) is to shift immediately in first gear (using the fire button) every time that there is a curve... otherwise is BOOM !!!! :p

The sound environment is produced by the first voice of the TED that simulates the noise of the engine (a square wave note, the user can also try the string VOL 8:SOUND 1,140,65535 to generate it), the second voice is used for the sound fx, and the third is used to generate the crash noise...

This simple but cute Formula 1 Simulator was of course coded by Shaun Southern, produced by Mastertronic and released by Mr. Chip Software in the year 1985...

See you !!!!

Frank

Was it your very first game Fra? :) Yet seeing the video seems to be a difficult game! :) Looks like at a minimum impact the car crashes! :) Thank you honey! :) Grazieeeeeeeee! :)

To think that at 24 of September we are waiting Formula 2010.

How much things have really progressed within 25 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από έναν συντονιστή:
I tried to play it on Yape! :) Frank is right! :) It's very difficult! :) Too sensible to control! :)

Πίσω
Μπλουζα