Oric 3.5'' Floppy drive και controller

freaktmp

Expert
Αντιδράσεις
Rygar είπε:
Καλό το κασετόφωνο, αλλά εδώ παίζει floppy interface HD 1.44MB. Stay tuned λεει ο τυπος.

To εψαξα το θεμα σε βαθος και βρηκα ενα βουλγαρο hacker με βαθια γνωση στο θεμα ο οποιος φτιαχνει disk interface για Oric χρησιμοποιωντας το HDDD που αναφερεις. Ανταλλαξα μερικα email μαζι του και μου εδωσε το ok να τα μοιραστω μαζι σας. Τον λενε George Kirilov και για οσους ενδιαφερονται η διευθυνση email του ειναι:

jorodr παπακι abv τελεια bg.

Εγω προσωπικα ψηνομαι να παρω ενα παρολους τους περιορισμους του. Περιμενω τωρα να μου δωσει τιμη για το πληρες πακετο με ολο το hardware σε κουτι συν τροφοδοτικο. Μολις λαβω απαντηση θα την μεταφερω εδω.

Email #1

Hello and Happy new year :) Valery and Vladimir have told me that you are interested of HDDD A2 for your Oric. I don't know if you know that we have Oric clone here in Bulgaria - Pravetz 8D:

http://www.sofiaprint.com/pravetz8d/Pravetz%208D.html

It's better Oric than real Oric :)

You must know that our floppy drive is different than Microdisc or Jasmin drives, so you must use another OS, and not compatible with Sedoric and FTDos disks.

If you are interested I can try to make a 3.5" drive for you, but the price depends of that how complete drive you want - only board + HDDD; PSU + board + HDDD; Box + PSU + hddd.

So if you are interested you can write your wish and we could prepare a drive for you.

Best regards,

George
Email #2

Hello again,
In the attachment you may see the explanation of Dos 8D. You can use your Oric software and games ofcourse. Even more, our drive is better, because leaves all RAM free, comparing than Sedoric or Oric Dos (on Cumana and Microdisk), which uses #400-#4FF of RAM. The bad news is that you can't write 3.5" disks on PC and read it to oric drive, because of the difference of the disk-format. On other side you can read your waves to real oric and save them on the disk. I have made a tool to transfer real disk to disk-image on the PC, but it's different device. Soon I will made a controller that have I/O ports to make the transfer via controller.

By the price: It don't depend by the count of the drives, because we use very quality and expensive boxes and plates, so I can give you a price on later stage, because we haven't sold any drives by now and I haven't calculated correct price. Vlado and Valery sell HDDD for about $90, but with additional controller, PSU and box the price will rise up .

Is there other oric fans in Greece?

Best regards,

George
Email #3

Hello,
Sorry for delay.

Here you are some pictures of Pravetz 8D (Oric) controller. As you can see the controller is from two parts - buffer plate (connected at the expansion socket of the computer) and controller plate with apple ][ slot. At this slot you must connect standard Apple ][ Disk controller and floppy drive. Controller_last is a plate with integrated Apple ][ disk controller for direct connect an Apple ][ floppy drives. So you can use standard 5.25 Apple ][ drives (the cheaper variant) or HDDD with standard 3.5" PC Drive (more expensive variant). For now there's not ready a plate with I/O ports, but schematics is ready and working, so these plates will be ready at a second stage. The reason we haven't build such a plates that I'm trying to build a controller with I/O ports, RS232, additional RAM and mayde an additional sound processor. As you can see there's a mess of cables if you want the cheaper variant. You can use PC PSU with a little modification and soldering, because you must con

nect -12V to PSU connector. I thing it's useful info to see what kind of controllers we're build. You can post such an info to other people if they are interested to have such a controllers.

Best regards,

George

/monthly_2018_02/large.image_17056.jpg.e9544bbb7a12723fa8ebe523181dfca6.jpg/monthly_2018_02/large.image_17057.jpg.c34fb7d299a695dc34f5b48bd91fa537.jpg/monthly_2018_02/large.image_17058.jpg.20b06538f677890a63f7744a022806b7.jpg/monthly_2018_02/large.image_17059.jpg.9fbaaf4d255e2f33ba3f9b3e5823bd20.jpg

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από έναν συντονιστή:
Oric 3.5'' Floppy drive και controller

Συνεχεια!

Email #4:

Sorry, my mistake.
I haven't want to send you the Jasim drive :)

Here is Pravetz 8D connected 5.25" Apple ][ drive. Instead this 5.25" drive you can use HDDD with 3.5" drive, but + all seening - controller, buffer, Disk ][ controller + HDDD. I'll try to send you a pictures of complete drive soon. Controller Last is just Pravetz8D + Apple ][ disk contrller at one plate.

Best regards,

George

/monthly_2018_02/large.image_17058.jpg.20b06538f677890a63f7744a022806b7.jpg

/monthly_2018_02/large.image_17170.jpg.ef8e66b99416b8f2670109ee915fdc6b.jpg/monthly_2018_02/large.image_17171.jpg.5ec0768ee05fe36972e1b80b28005067.jpg

Ειχα νεα απο τον George Kirilov και εχει ευχαριστες εκπληξεις για τους Oric Fans! Εφτιαξε μια παρτιδα Cumana Floppy controllers και ολοκληρωμενα dual floppy drives με controller, τροφοδοτικο, καλωδια κλπ. Δειχνουν καταπληκτικα. Να τι εχει να πει ο George

Email #1:

A few months ago we've wrote each other for Oric disc controller. Bulgarian controllers are not ready yet, but I have some Cumana controllers to sell. They are Sedoric compatible.
I have to sell only the controller:

or ready to use 3.5" dualdrive:

If someone in Greece is interested let I know.
Email #2
I forgot to tell you. The controller I'll sell is with sockets on every chip, so it can be repaired easily and it's life is forever :)
Email #3
The controller works perfect with HxC floppy emulator, I have it too, so the next revision will be with 3.5" + HxC floppy. The complete version is based on standart 3.5" TEAC drives, but drive A is modified to work as drive A. Now I'm building cross-cable to use only standart "B" drives. The box includes:

- two drives

- disc controller

- Power supply unit

The whole system is much expensive - about 300 euros, because of the price of the box, ribbon cable and labels.

The controller only + quality ribbon cable is 130 euros. The cable is important, I have bought it from USA, there's not good cables in Europe. You can use standart PC PSU and some standart FDD with crossed cable. The main is that the controller works with HxC floppy, the Microdisc don't, I have tried with tho Microdisc-s.

So if you are, or somebody else is interested with my job must be hurry, because I'll sell them these days. Unfortunately I can't say the shipping price because of the weekend. The complete assembly is heavy, so maybe the shipping will be around 20-30 euros.
O George μου διευκρινησε τελικα οτι τα εξοδα αποστολης για τον σκετο controller ειναι 15? και οτι δεχεται paypal. Δεν ρωτησα πιο συγκεκριμενα για το πληρες πακετο αν και θα το ηθελα, γιατι αν το παρω δεν θα εχω να φαω!
Για οσους ενδιαφερονται, υπενθιμιζω οτι το email του George ειναι:

jorodr παπακι abv τελεια bg.

Σπευσατε!

Ο George Kirilov μου εστειλε και ενα video με τον controller εν δραση, συνδιασμενο μετον HxC floppy emulator. Απολαυστε:

O Oricακος ειναι λεβεντια!

Ηρθε και ο δικος μου cumana controller και δουλευει αψογα! :hurrah: Ενα ακομα ονειρο της παιδικης μου ηλικιας εκπληρωθηκε! Και ιδιαιτερα μετα την αποτυχια του microdisc που μας βγηκε DOA (αλλα τουλαχιστον ειναι κουκλι!) η επιτυχια ειναι πιο γλυκεια! :award:

Μερικες φωτογραφιες.

O controller μαζι με τον HxC Floppy emulator:

2010-11-16-20h03m39.JPG

Sedoric:

2010-11-16-20h02m37.JPG

Φαε την σκονη μου, Amstrad! :tease:

2010-11-16-20h07m43.JPG

Τωρα πρεπει να κατσω να βρω υλικο σε disk images. Θα εξερευνησω επιπλεον την πιθανοτητα μετατροπης tape images σε disk images με το προγραμμα tap2dsk.

Τελευταία επεξεργασία:
Όλο αυτό για controller? ...o Χριστός!!!!!! Νόμιζα ότι είχες γδύσει τον Oric και ήταν η μητρική του!

Με γειες πάντως, αν και δεν μπορώ να καταλάβω τί σκόνη τρώει ο Amstrad... βάλτον να φορτώσει Orion Prime ή Fluff!

Αστειακι ηταν βρε αδερφε. Επειδη βγηκε μαζι στην φωτογραφια με τον oric.

Δεν παρεξηγήθηκα κι όλας :D

Πίσω
Μπλουζα