"Shade" demo for Commodore Plus/4 (A must see... try to believe !!!!)

franco

RetroActive
Αντιδράσεις
Dear friends,

I was searching for something special about the Commodore Plus/4 demos and I came across this one... talking honestly, when I saw this demo, I stood with my mouth half opened because I didn' t expect such a beautiful work on this computer... This demo is called "SHADE" and is coded by the WILDS team for Arok Party in 2009... seems like a clone of the "State of the art" demo produced for the Amiga 500 by Spaceballs, and is really astonishing... perhaps the best demo, apart from Threeve by Bauknecht, that was coded for the Plus/4. The things I hardly accept are two: first, that when I was a kid and tried to program on the +4 in Basic, at the maximum of my capacities I was able to create a circle or to produce a square wave note... second, that on the instruction manual there were programs listings to try that took also two pages and that produced a "Syntax error" yet in the line 30... everything with the fear that the TED got warm and crashed producing the pattern... well, now forget everything I have written, and take a look to the demo... you won' t believe to your eyes !!!! For sure, the demo uses for the graphic part the multicolor hi-res area, and for the audio part a SID card (or a SID chip directly installed on the main board of the Plus/4) because the TED never would have reached the quality of the music that is playing in the video... I' m sure you will like it !!!!

Best regards,

Frank

This absolutely briliant. Thanks for sharing!

Oh yes! Indeed!!!!

Thanks a lot Franco!!!

Ke bella demo ke hai messo Fra! :) Sembra ke è una discoteca! :) BRAVOOOOO! :)

How a beautiful demo you found Fra!
:) Seems a disco! :) Bravooooo! :)

Thank you for all the compliments and for the thanks... I don't deserve them, I did nothing... the real heroes are those of the team who coded the demo...

... anyway, thanks a lot once again !!!! :D

perfect demo....thanks franco!

@atari st users: listen to the sound of sid...even an 8bit home computer have better sound than yours...αnd you dare to compare to the amiga; :p

franco είπε:
Thank you for all the compliments and for the thanks... I don't deserve them, I did nothing... the real heroes are those of the team who coded the demo...
... anyway, thanks a lot once again !!!! :D
Yes Fra! :) But who was the one that found the demo and made us know? :p

Sì Fra!
:) Ma ki è stato quello ke ha trovato la demo e ce l'ha fatta conoscere? :p

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από έναν συντονιστή:
Nice demo. Especially for a Commodore Plus. Amazing coding!!

Now let some machines called "Amstrad" beat that.

Amstrad? Aren't these coffee makers and el-cheap-o DVD players (or prayers because you pray for the DVD to play back...... ) :) :) :p :p

I found also the other demo Fra was talking about for the Amiga! :) I like this too! :)

Very nice demo, my best compliments Anna... there are those 90' s early disco sounds that are unforgettable... complimenti Anna, veramente molto brava !!!!

Πίσω
Μπλουζα