VARMIT (for Commodore 16 and Plus/4)

franco

RetroActive
Αντιδράσεις
Well my friends, one of the last reviews for today... a short comment about another game programmed for the Commodore 16 and the Plus/4... sometimes it's said that a game is amazing because it's simple, and this is the case of "Varmit", a sort of platform game published by Players in 1986 and programmed by Howlin Mad (Keith Harvey)... As usual, here is a screenshot...

[edit] Dead pic [edit]

and, if someone wants to know better, here is a playthrough, the video, of course, is taken from youtube...

Let's analyze better this game: the scenario takes place at night in a sort of gold mine, the player in this game represents the miner that is in the depths of the mine (in fact, we can see upside on the screen the "ground level" with donkeys, firewoods, coffins, stars, mountains and so on...) The soundtrack is very nice and funny... only a tone sound generator of TED is used, and produces a partly looped country sounding melody (also the "white noise" is used and produces a noise when gold is collected or the miner hits an obstacle), and also the melody of the introducing screen is funny and well known... Aim of the game is to collect every object on the screen (gold nuggets, shovels and other items) and to avoid the bats that are flying and the rolling stones (but not Mick Jagger, he is not present in the game... of course I'm joking !!!! :) ) At the top-right side of the screen, there is the number of the nuggets that have to be collected in order to pass to the other level (it is represented by the indicator "GOLD" and the $ symbol that decreases of one unit every time that a nugget is collected...) A must-try game for those who want to enter in contact with the 264-series Commodore machines, in my opinion...

Hope that you have liked also this review !!!!

A warm hug to everybody with friendship and see you soon !!!!

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από έναν συντονιστή:
Loooooooooove it! :) The man in the mine with the night landscape at the top! :) I found the video too! :) I want to play it! :) And I want a Plus/4! :p

OMG!!!!!!

I want a Plus 4 also........

If I find one on ebay I will buy it! :) So I will have the C64 and the Plus 4 at home! :) I tried to play Varmit on the emulator! :) Sounds good! :)

Πίσω
Μπλουζα