Mac Os on PC?

vagosgta3

RetroNuts!
Αντιδράσεις
εψαχνα στο internet αν με καποιο τροπο μπορουσα να βαλω macos 9 σε ενα pentium 3 800E και πετυχα αυτα τα site,το εχει δοκιμασει κανεις?

Run Mac OS X on a PCby Wei-Meng Lee

01/18/2005

Running Mac OS X on Windows

People have long wanted to run the Mac OS operating system on PC hardware, specifically on Intel and AMD architectures. But despite pleas and prayers, that wish remains unfulfilled.

Although running Mac OS natively on PC hardware is not possible, there is another option--running Mac OS X on an emulator. In this article, I will show you how to install and run Mac OS X Panther on your PC using PearPC, a free, architecture-independent PowerPC platform that runs on PCs. To check out PearPC's features, go to the PearPC-PowerPC Architecture Emulator web site.

Here are the steps you'll take to use PearPC to install Mac OS X:

1. Download the PearPC PowerPC Architecture Emulator.

2. Obtain hard disk images for use with PearPC.

3. Obtain images of your client OS installation disk.

4. Configure PearPC to use the hard disk image and the OS images.

Downloading PearPC

Download the PearPC PowerPC Architecture Emulator. Once it's downloaded, extract its content to a folder, say, [Desktop]:\PearPC. This is the folder that is going to contain all of the files you'll see in the next couple of sections.

Note: [Desktop] refers to the path of my Windows desktop; that is, C:\Documents and Settings\Wei-Meng Lee\Desktop\.

Hard disk images

To install Mac OS X on the emulator, you need a hard disk image. You can download preformatted hard disk images from http://pearpc.net/downloads.php. Two disk sizes are available: 3GB and 6GB. If you plan to install the full Mac OS X, then use the 6GB image. If you have limited disk space on your hard drive, use the smaller, 3GB image. Be aware that the default install of Mac OS X takes up a little more than 3GB, and so you need to unselect certain components during installation if you use the 3GB image.

The disk images come in two formats: BZ2 and RAR. I used the 6GB RAR disk images. You need to uncompress the disk image before you can use it. To uncompress the RAR image, I used WinRAR from http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm. Uncompress the image and save it in the [Desktop]:\PearPC folder.

Making images of your client OS

To install Mac OS X on your hard disk image, you need to make copies of your Mac OS X installation disk in ISO format. You can use Nero or any other disk utility to save CDs or DVDs in ISO format. In my case, I have saved the images in the C:\PearPC folder. I have named the first disk Panther1.iso.

Note: You need to purchase Mac OS X in order to run Mac OS X in PearPC.

Configuring PearPC

Once you've taken the previous steps, you're ready for the final step: configuring PearPC to use the all the relevant disk images. To do it, you need to create a configuration file. You can find the instructions on how to create one manually at http://pearpc.net/guides.php?guides_id=2. Or you can download a Windows application that does all the hard work for you. In my case, I used the PearPC Control Panel to help me manage my Mac OS X emulation.

Launch PearPC Control Panel and click on the Create New Configuration File icon. You will see the first screen as shown in Figure 1. Click on Continue to proceed to the next step.

Figure 1

Figure 1. Using the Create Configuration File wizard

In the next screen, you have to supply a few pieces of information (see Figure 2). First, specify the location of the PearPC emulator. In my case, it is [Desktop]:\PearPC\ppc.exe.

Next, specify the location of the hard disk image; that is, [Desktop]:\PearPC\macosx_6gb.img.

Note: Be sure to replace [Desktop] with your own desktop path.

Also, set the amount of memory you want to set aside for Mac OS X. (I have allocated 255MB.) Click on Continue.

Figure 2

Figure 2. Creating a new configuration file

In the next screen, you have the option to specify the screen resolution and color depth to use. Click on Finish when done (see Figure 3).

Note: I tried to enable networking, but I never got it to work. Also, use G3 and not G4 CPU emulation.

Figure 3

Figure 3. Specifying additional options

Give a name to the configuration file and save the file in the location specified (see Figure 4). Name it Mac OS X Panther and save it in the location [Desktop]:\PearPC\macosxpanther.cfg. Click on Finish.

Figure 4

Figure 4. Completing the wizard

You should now see the icon for your Mac OS X Panther in the PearPC Control Panel (see Figure 5). You need to complete one final step before you start installing Mac OS X on your PC--check the "CD-ROM device is installed" option and specify the location of the Mac OS install disk image. In my case, it is [Desktop]:\Panther1.iso. This is the image that will be used to boot up the emulator.

Figure 5

Figure 5. The completed configuration file

Figure 6 shows the files in my [Desktop]:\PearPC folder. The important files are highlighted.

Figure 6

Figure 6. Files in the PearPC folder

That's it! Double-click on the Mac OS X Panther icon and you should see the PearPC 0.3.0 window pop up (see Figure 7). Your Mac OS X installation should start soon afterward.

Note: It took me quite a while to get my Mac OS X to install. I encountered a number of failed attempts--when I booted into Mac OS X, it prompted me to restart my machine. But after several attempts, it worked.

Figure 7

Figure 7. Installing Mac OS X

Once the OS is installed, you will be asked to restart the machine. For subsequent attempts to run Mac OS X on your emulator, you should uncheck the "CD-ROM device is installed" option so that it can boot directly from the hard disk image. If the installation is performed correctly, you should see something like Figure 8 when Mac OS X boots up.

Figure 8

Figure 8. Mac OS X booting up

Figure 9 shows I am having fun with my newly installed Mac on my PC.

Figure 9

Figure 9. Running Mac OS X on a PC!

And if you still doubt if I am really running Mac OS X on my PC, Figure 10 will prove it to you.

Figure 10

Figure 10. Running Mac OS X in my Windows XP PC

Summary

Before installing PearPC and using Mac OS X, you need to keep several things in mind:

1. You need a license to run Mac OS X. That is, you need to buy a copy of Mac OS X.

2. The installation process takes time. Don't install Mac OS X on a slow machine; I tried the steps outlined in this article on three different machines--933MHz, 1.7GHz, and 3.0GHz, all equipped with 512MB of RAM. The 3.0GHz machine installed significantly faster compared with the rest, but it still took me several hours to get all of the installation done. Also, make sure you have lots of free hard disk space. The hard disk image itself takes up 6GB, and the additional installation disk images are going to take up a few more gigabytes.

3. Even though the installation process is painfully slow, once the system is installed it is actually quite responsive. While you won't be able to fully experience Mac OS X as if you were using a real Mac, the emulation provides a good way for you to try out Mac OS X before you head to the nearest Apple shop to get the latest iMac.

Have fun, and let me know if PearPC works for you.
απο εδω

http://oreilly.com/windows/archive/PearPC.html

ή αυτο

Guide by MasonS247, Administrator of PCModders.com

Do not download OS 9 or the Macintosh ROM if you do not legally own them.

Introduction:

One day I was surfing the net and I found a program called Sheepshaver. Sheepshaver is a macintosh emulator that will run OS8-9. I thought that maybe I could get it running on my old P133 laptop. That is how the project started.

1- Preparations

I downloaded Sheepshaver and read the instructions. You can download Sheepshaver HERE You have to have a ROM from a PCI Powermac. You can extract a ROM from your computer, or if you can't get it working, download it HERE. To run sheepshaver you also need the GTK+ 2 Runtime Environment which you can download HERE. and SDL.dll which you can download HERE.

2- Installing The Software

Once you have downloaded Sheepshaver, extract it anywhere you please. Put your ROM file and SDL.dll in the Sheepshaver folder as well.

3- Setting Up Sheepshaver

Click on SheepShaverGUI. In volumes, you need to create a new hardfile. It needs to be at least 200MB.

In Memory/Misc you need to set your rom file and how much ram you want sheepshaver to use. I use 32MB on my Powerbook.

4- Installing OS9

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από έναν συντονιστή:
Ψαξε για Hackintosh. Ο αδερφος μου εχει περασει Leopard σ ενα netbook για να περναει jailbreaks σε iphones. Για desktops πρεπει να ψαξεις για καποια συγκεκριμενα peripherals και δεν το εχω δοκιμασει.

Bαγγελη, απλα τρεξε το FlyakiteOSΧ. Ξεχασε τα Mac OS και οτιδηποτε θα κανει το μηχανημα σου να σερνεται.

http://osx.portraitofakite.com/boot.htm

Κατεβασε το, και στησε το στο μηχανημα σου που θα δεις να μεταμορφωνεται σε ενα MAC, τουλαχιστον εμφανισιακα. Δεν θα χασεις χιλιοστο σε ταχυτητα, και ολες οι γνωριμες λειτουργιες των Windows θα ειναι εκει. Απλα θα δειχνει οπως θελεις να δειχνει, σαν ενα MAC.

ευχαριστω παιδια για τις προτασεις

Εστω και καθυστερημένα, και επειδή ο vagosgta3 έκανε μία αναφορά σε δύο emulators (PearPC & Sheepshaver συγκεκριμένα), απλά να πω ότι τους είχα χρησιμοποιήσει με επιτυχία πριν ένα χρόνο περίπου.

Toν μεν PearPC στο pc της δουλειάς βάζοντας πάνω Tiger (δεν υποστηρίζει ήχο - κατα τα άλλα δουλεύει οκ, αν και "ψιλοσέρνεται" κάποιες φορές. Παραθέτω και μία εικόνα πιό κάτω), ενώ τον Sheepshaver είχα χρησιμοποιήσει την mac έκδοσή του, για να βοηθήσω έναν φίλο που ήθελε να τρέξει την mac cd-version του παλιού καλού "Star Trek - Judgement Rites" στον iMac που έχει.

Τις λύσεις που πρότειναν οι φίλοι Masbass & Phil πραγματικά δεν τις είχα υπ' όψιν μου, και θα φροντίσω να τις τσεκάρω οπωσδήποτε στο μέλλον. :thumbup:

Τώρα, επειδή ο vagos είπε ότι σχεδιάζει να στήσει OS9 σε P3 στα 800, και επειδή με αυτό το OS φεύγουμε απο λύσεις όπως αυτή του Basilisk που θα έτρεχε με ικανοποιητική ταχύτητα σε έναν P3, πιστεύω πως η ιδανικότερη λύση (πάντα για OS9 σε P3), θα ήταν ίσως ο Sheepshaver.

Oπως ανέφερα παραπάνω, ο PearPC με Tiger μου φάνηκε σχετικά "βαρύς" - και μιλάμε για pc τριετίας - πόσο μάλλον σε έναν P3...

thanks billy για τις πληροφοριες! αυτο που σκεφτηκα ειναι να περασω win98 που ειναι πολυ ελαφρυ λειτουργικο ωστε να μην επιβαρύνεται πολυ η CPU μαζι με το os9.

Στο μεταξυ μου εδωσαν μια hack εκδοση του os10 για intel και θα δοκιμασω και αυτο.

Βασικα ολη ιδεα για να παιξω και καποια παιχνιδια οπως Prince of Persia, θα ειναι συμβατα να τρεξουν σε OS9 η OS10 ;

Vagos, εννοείς το κλασσικό Prince of Persia ?

Αν ναι, στο MacOS X δεν νομίζω ότι θα τρέξουν, ενώ διατηρώ μία κάποια επιφύλαξη για το ΜacOS 9.

Tέτοιοι τίτλοι τρέχουν άνετα σε παλιότερα OS (7 και 8 για παράδειγμα) και με 68000 Mac, πράγμα που σημαίνει ότι μπορείς να στήσεις στον P3 τον Basilisk II που είναι πολύ "ελαφρύς" και θα σου τρέχει ικανοποιητικά, και "καθάρισες" !! :D

Σε γενικές γραμμές, ξεκίνα με emulators όπως (mini) vMac αν θέλεις να παίξεις τα *πολύ* παλιά "ασπρόμαυρα" παιχνίδια των mid-'80s (system 6, 5, και πίσω), προχώρα στον Basilisk με System 7 ή ΜacOS 8 για τα πιό μοντέρνα των early '90s, μετά στον Sheepshaver που υποστηρίζει και MacOS 9 (PowerPC), και τέλος στον PearPC για MacOS X.

Χαχαχα !! Σωστός ο Μάνος :D (ειδικά απο την σελίδα 3 και μετά, γίνεται ένας ψιλοχαμός με την mac version !! :D :D)

Ουαο! το θυμηθηκα αυτο το θεμα!! εχει διαβασμα να πεσει thanks! mano

Οι 'Hackintosh' λύσεις προτείνονται σε μοντέρνα PC πιο πολύ και αυτό γιατί από ένα σημείο και μετά είναι σχεδόν ίδιοι οι επεξεργαστές των PC με των Mac (+παρόμοιο hardware γενικά..). Την εποχή των 800Mhz PC έπαιζαν μόνο Motorola στα Μac οπότε μάλλον δεν θα καταφέρεις κάτι.

aseim είπε:
Οι 'Hackintosh' λύσεις προτείνονται σε μοντέρνα PC πιο πολύ και αυτό γιατί από ένα σημείο και μετά είναι σχεδόν ίδιοι οι επεξεργαστές των PC με των Mac (+παρόμοιο hardware γενικά..). Την εποχή των 800Mhz PC έπαιζαν μόνο Motorola στα Μac οπότε μάλλον δεν θα καταφέρεις κάτι.
Σκεφτομαι να το δοκιμασω σε ενα AMD x2 4200,παντως ενα macbook που ειδα εχει intel cpu και o κατοχος του ειχε περασει win7 σαν δευτερο λειτουργικο μαζι με το Macosx.

vagosgta3 είπε:
Σκεφτομαι να το δοκιμασω σε ενα AMD x2 4200,παντως ενα macbook που ειδα εχει intel cpu και o κατοχος του ειχε περασει win7 σαν δευτερο λειτουργικο μαζι με το Macosx.
Υπάρχει το παρακάτω forum που ίσως να σου φανεί χρήσιμο:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?act=idx

Εγώ το έχω περάσει με επιτυχία σε ένα Netbook (Samsung NC10).

Το αντίστροφο που λες (δηλαδή σε Mac να περάσεις και XP, Win7,...) είναι εύκολο και υποστηρίζεται και επίσημα από την Apple και γίνεται χρησιμοποιώντας το Bootcamp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot_Camp_%28software%29)

Πολύ σημαντικό επειδή την έπαθα: Πριν από οποιαδήποτε προσπάθεια backup!!!

Εγκατασταση Mac os X σε PC

Την καλημερα μου θα ηθελα να εγκαταστησω στον υπολογιστη μου καποια εκδοση του Mac os X τι θα πρεπει να κανω αναλυτικα βημα με βημα και στα ελληνικα αν μπορειτε δωστε μ τις οδηγιες επειδη δεν ξανα εκανα κατι τετοιο για ολα υπαρχει πρωτη φορα.

Σας ευχαριστω εκ των προτερων.

Στα Ελληνικά χλωμό να βρεις.

Αλλά και να βρεις, ΔΕΝ είναι εύκολο πράγμα αυτό που θες να κάνεις, θέλει αρκετές διαδικασίες (ανάλογα και το hardware σου) και αν δεν έχεις την άνεση ΑΓΓΛΙΚΑ να ψάξεις τις πηγές που υπάρχουν, στο εγγυώμαι ότι θα τρακάρεις. Το υπογράφω δηλαδή.

Δεν έχω ασχοληθεί με το θέμα, όμως απ' ότι έχω ακούσει, πέρα από το ότι δεν είναι και τόσο απλό όπως είπε και ο NLS πιο πάνω, θέλει και συγκεκριμένο hardware για να δουλέψει όσο το δυνατόν καλύτερα, και πολλοί που θέλουν να ασχοληθούν σοβαρά με αυτό, φτιάχνουν PC ειδικά για αυτόν τον σκοπό με όσο το δυνατόν πιο συμβατά εξαρτήματα. Και πάλι 100% συμβατότητα δύσκολα θα δεις, για να μην πω ότι δεν θα δεις και καθόλου.

Όμως για μία πρώτη δοκιμή, και χωρίς να ρισκάρεις η να χάσεις κάτι πέρα από τον χρόνο σου, για ψάξε λίγο μήπως και κάνεις κάτι με καμία εικονική μηχανή όπως το VirtualBox.

ΑΝ τα καταφέρεις, μία μικρή γεύση θα την πάρεις.

Ναι πιο εύκολη λύση, ειδικά αν βρει έτοιμο.

NLS είπε:
Ναι πιο εύκολη λύση, ειδικά αν βρει έτοιμο.
Ακόμα καλύτερα..

Όμως και από την άλλη ας παίξει και λίγο στο VBox.. Σε καλό θα του βγει. ;)

Για κανονική εγκατάσταση, αν δεν μπορεί να ψάξει, και να ψάξει πολύ, στην θέση του δεν θα ρίσκαρα και δεν θα έμπαινα στον κόπο.

Απο προσωπική εμπειρία μπορώ να πω οτι δεν αξίζει τον κόπο.

Πάντα, ΜΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ θα υπάρξει κάτι (vga, soundcard, acpi, ide, network κλπ κλπ) που θα δημιουργήσει πρόβλημα.

VirtualBox είναι η καλύτερη λύση για να δεις τι παίζει, ίσως και για κάτι παραπάνω.

Εξάλλου το Mac OS X χωρίς το hardware είναι μονάχα το 50% της εμπειρίας.

Πίσω
Μπλουζα