Playmobil (in English)

alkis21

ΚickOff World Champ 2013
Αντιδράσεις
A Spanish friend of mine (Rodolfo) has a vast collection of Playmobils. I asked for his permission to post some of his pictures here. He will visit this thread at some point so if you like them, please post your appreciation in English.

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από έναν συντονιστή:
That's very perfect!!!I am a big playmofan!The collection of your friend is very big!!!!!!It has many rare sets,and the set with Santa Claus and children hasn't been released here in Greece!

that santa claus set is the best you can see playmobil packages as presents thats awesome

Hello retropeople!

I am Rodolfo, the friend of Alkis and owner of some playmobil stuff. Thanks for the nice coments. I am only a bit sorry that neither the camera nor the cameraman were very good. Besides these pics I also have Far West, Safari, tons of castles, pirates...

I always loved these toys, and from 3 to 11 that was all I wanted for Christmas, birthdays, etc. Then, as usual, I stored them somewhere, and it was not until my late twenties when I begun to look at it again, from the fan - collector perspective, and got some new sets. I have to say that it was a formidable pleasure, so many years later, opening a new box and building the new pirate ship or other thing.

The definitive point to get me back to playmobil was when I begun to have some little children around in the family, so I got the perfect excuse to work more seriously in the building of big sets, as it was "for the children to play". Besides that, it is a great joy, even touching, when I see my nieces playing, and therefore, my playmobils back to life. It is a little as in the end of Toy Story 3.

Searching through the www I discovered that my playmobil collection is quite small really, compared to what I could see in some playmobil forums and in Ebay. On the other hand, I realized that I have some very rare sets.

For retro value, you may take a look at the Europe map in the School: a divided Germany, a big Yugoslavia, the mighty Soviet Union... Well, in spite of what a Polish would say, I was terribly happy in the cold war days.

!

Excellent work Rodolfo and great collection!!! The theme that you choose is very appropriate with the Christmass approaching and all:) It is really interesting about the map in the school...Right now is obsolete..amazing if you think about that most of these countries do not exist anymore in this form.

Wow, nice. Everything is so nicely put together. I wonder how you deal with dust with all those little pieces here and there. Do you cover those shelfs with glass?

I have all the things stored, in big boxes, and only take out what I may need for the particular set I made up. If you do not mind, I will add a couple of more pics:

[edit] Dead pics [edit]

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από έναν συντονιστή:
Unbelievable nostalgia!!!!!

The Christmas settings are so heart-warming!

Well done Rodolfo! :thumbup:

Hello Rodolfo...It's a big collection!!!I wanna ask you if the medieval houses have first and second floor,to put some furniture into!

thebest20 είπε:
Hello Rodolfo...It's a big collection!!! I wanna ask you if the medieval houses have first and second floor,to put some furniture into!

Well, it is not that I do not have furniture, but the fact is that is pretty useless to put them inside the houses, as you have very little space and light to play.

That was the old problem of the old playmobil houses, and they fixed it somehow by introducing the "system x" constructions sets in the late 90's. They changed the beautiful outside look for the playable and nice inside aspects. Now, houses (hospitals, polices stations, etc) are completely open for the child to play. But that makes them less realistic, so I am not sure I like them as much as I did with the classic buildings.

But was it easy to remove one side of the medieval houses,to put furniture inside and to play?In the 90's only victorian houses were open for furniture and for playing inside

Hi Rodolfo.

That's a very nice collection you got there. :)

Congratulations.

Πίσω
Μπλουζα