The making of Monkey Island [Ron Gilbert]

Aardvark

Retromaniax Co-Founder
Αντιδράσεις
Mερικα ινφο για το ιστορικο adventure απο τον δημιουργο του.

Ακολουθει δειγμα απο το μπλογκ του ,τα υπολοιπα κλικ λινκ.

mi-1a.jpg

The very small "hot spot" areas are very annoying today but they were accepted back then; they were even considered a good thing. It's called Game Play! It would be hard to make an adventure game today where players were forced to hunt for small objects.

mi-3a.jpg

Most people know you can hit the period key to skip a single line of dialog, but I'm surprised when I run into people that don't know why I chose the period key. It seems obvious to me: a period ends a sentence.

mi-4a.jpg

While Insult Sword Fighting is one of the first things people think of when they hear Monkey Island, I thought it seemed little tedious (but fun) as I played though it again. There is a point where you say "I get it", but your still forced to go though the motions again and again. If I was going to do Insult Sword Fighting in a future game, I'd make it more free form allowing the player to be clever and construct their own sentences.

During the early stages of the Monkey Island design, we would watch old Errol Flynn era pirate movies. One thing that stood out was during the fights they always taunted each other with insults. I knew we needed to have sword fighting in the game - it was about pirates after all - but I didn't want to introduce any action game play and the old pirate moves provided the perfect solution.

mi-12.jpg

Back in the late 80's, the mere thought of a scroll wheel on a mouse would have been crazy talk, but today I found it hard to break the habit of trying the scroll the inventory with it.

mi-8a.jpg

You only have to follow the shop keeper to the Sword Master once, after that it's just automatic. That was a good design choice. No point in having to solve the same puzzle over and over.

http://grumpygamer.com/8280380

Ειναι απιστευτο. Οταν ξερεις κατι απεξω κι ανακατωτα και ακους το δημιουργο να λεει γιαυτο, ειναι σα να μιλατε την ιδια γλωσσα.

Ολα οσα λεει τα θυμαμαι ακριβως και μαλιστα οταν επαιζα πρωτη φορα το παιχνιδι ενιωθα ακριβως οπως (μαθαινω τωρα οτι) ηθελε.

UI for having to open and close doors independently from walking though them was obnoxious. You'd never do this in an adventure game today
Τωρα που το λεει εχει δικιο... ηταν μια νοτα ρεαλισμου που δεν εχουν τα σημερινα παιχνιδια.

Begging for the necklace from the head of the navigator is a bad puzzle
Οντως ηταν

These were done on purpose to give the player a small break and allow them to focus on one area.
Ναι, οντως στις σκηνες με το ταξιδι και το πλοιο-φαντασμα ηταν τοσο ευχαριστοι και ευκολοι οι γριφοι που πραγματικα ενιωθα οτι εκανα ενα διαλειμμα

By design, the whole ending of the game is a "gimme". The player has worked hard to get to this point, I wanted something they could just sit back and enjoy playing.
...οπως και η τελικη σκηνη της μαχης οντως ηταν η ανταμοιβη μου μετα απο ολο το σεναριο

Μπορει τωρα με το ιντερνετ να εχουμε προσβαση και επικοινωνια με παλιους και νεους δημιουργους μεσω blog και mails (ειχα την απιστευτη τιμη να ανταλλαξω ελαχιστες φρασεις με τον Al Lowe, την Lori Ann Cole, τον Ken Williams και τον Dominic Armato), αλλα μου φαινεται οτι τοτε οι δημιουργοι επικοινωνούσαν με εμας τους παίκτες με ενα τροπο που δεν καταφερνει κανενα blog :bow:

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από έναν συντονιστή:
Για να βγαλουν το special edition οι δημιουργοι ριξαν μια ματια στον αρχικο κωδικα του παιχνιδιου και βρηκαν deleted scenes και διαλογους που ειχαν μειναι απ'εξω,κατι σαν τα leftovers των ταινιων.

Eνδιαφερον λινκ για τους φανς.

Secret of Monkey Island – The Deleted & Extended Scenes [Lucasarts]

Άργησαν... εγώ το είχα κάνει χρόνια πριν. :)

Ξανακάντο. Για το ΜΙ2. Και αυτή την φορά να μοιραστείς και με εμάς τα ευρήματα. ;)

Πίσω
Μπλουζα